Woman accidentally burns down shed while battling wasps

Jon Johnson File Photo/Gila Herald:

By Jon Johnson

jonjohnsonnews@gmail.com

GRAHAM COUNTY – The Safford Fire Department was dispatched to a shed fire on S. Cheyenne Drive at about 10 p.m. on Tuesday, Oct. 22.

Firefighters arrived to find the shed fully engulfed and extinguished the blaze. However, since there were cable lines directly above the shed, Sparklite (formerly Cable One) was given a victim’s affidavit form for any damages to the cable.  

According to the owner, she had burned a wasp nest inside the shed. She said the nest may have fallen onto the floor while still smoldering, causing the fire. She also advised that the shed held mostly holiday decorations but estimated her total loss at about $3,000. 

Please follow and like us: