Graphic Courtesy ADOT: Artist rendering of the new Pinto Creek bridge.
Contributed Article/Courtesy ADOT
GILA COUNTY – The schedule for the US 60 Pinto Creek Bridge project has been updated through Jan. 17.
The following restrictions will begin Jan. 13:
- Monday, Jan. 13 – Lane restrictions and flaggers between 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 14 – Full closure from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lane restrictions and flaggers, if needed, between 1 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 15 – Lane restrictions and flaggers between 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Jan. 16 – Full closure from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Lane restrictions and flaggers, if needed, between 1 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 17 – Lane restrictions and flaggers between 6:30 a.m. and noon.
During the Tuesday and Thursday full closures, all eastbound vehicles will be redirected at State Route 177 in Superior, and westbound vehicles will be redirected at the west end of Miami. Traffic will not be allowed to queue at the closure locations.
Because of the potential for long delays, motorists may want to plan trips before or after the full closures.
In addition to the Pinto Creek restrictions, work is on-going for a paving and guardrail project between Superior and Top-of-the-World. Motorists should anticipate lane restrictions with flaggers and pilot cars while crews replace the guardrail.
For more information, go to azdot.gov/PintoCreekBridge.
Drivers should proceed with caution, slow down and watch for construction personnel and equipment.