Third time is the charm for drunk and disorderly suspect

Jon Johnson File Photo/Gila Herald: A man was booked into the Graham County Adult Detention Facility after repeatedly causing a disturbance late into the night.

By Jon Johnson

SAFFORD – After allegedly ignoring two warnings from law enforcement to not return to a woman’s residence, Bobby Joe Reynolds was arrested Dec. 17 and booked into the Graham County Adult Detention Facility on a charge of disorderly conduct/domestic violence. 

According to a Safford Police report, an officer was initially dispatched to the victim’s residence at about 8:28 p.m. on Dec. 16 regarding an argument between the victim and her intoxicated boyfriend, identified as Reynolds. 

Upon arrival, the victim advised Reynolds was “very drunk” and had gathered his belongings and was near his truck but would not leave the property. According to the report, Reynolds allowed the officer to give him a ride to a friend’s house, who said Reynolds could stay the night. 

However, at about 11:09 p.m., the officer was dispatched back to the victim’s house due to Reynolds returning and yelling in the carport. The victim said she just wanted Reynolds to leave because she had to work in the morning and he was waking her and her children with his antics. 

The officer informed Reynolds he would give him another ride but warned him that if Reynolds came back again and caused another disturbance he would be arrested. Reynolds allegedly promised the officer multiple times that he would not return. 

However, at about 2:12 a.m., the officer was dispatched to the victim’s residence for the third time regarding Reynolds banging on the back door and waking the victim and her children again. 

Contributed Photo/Courtesy GCSO: Bobby Joe Reynolds

Upon arrival, the officer located Reynolds in a shed in the backyard and placed him under arrest. While doing so, Reynolds reportedly yelled in protest, which then began to wake up additional residences in the neighborhood. 

While taken into custody, the officer had Reynolds take a portable breath test that showed his breath/alcohol concentration to be .292, which is too high to be booked into the jail. So, Reynolds was taken to be medically cleared by a doctor at the Mt. Graham Regional Medical Center, where he reportedly was extremely belligerent to the officer and Emergency Room staff. 

After refusing treatment, the ER doctor medically cleared Reynolds and he was booked into the jail without further incident.  

Please follow and like us: