The Safford Downtown Association is sending out a request for qualifications for an artist to paint a mural on the Farmer’s Insurance building in Downtown Safford at 610 W. Main St. The building is cinder block construction and is approximately 42’ long by 14.6’ high.
The budget for the entire project is $5,000, which includes all costs including but not limited to the artist’s stipend, materials, and associated costs.
How to apply:
Artists’ RFQ packet should include the following:
- Letter of Interest: No more than one page in length that explains the artist’s interest in the project.
- Current Resume: If submitting as a team, a current resume should be submitted for each team member.
- Images of Previous Work (10 max): Digital images are preferred and should be .jpg, 300 dpi, 6 inches in the longest direction, RGB color.
- Image List: Please include: artist’s name, title, date, medium, size. If a commissioned project, include location and the commission budget.
- References: Submit three professional references who have direct knowledge of the artist’s work and working methods. The list must include name, title, company/organization, email address and phone number.
- Contact Details: Include a phone number and/or email address where you can be reached.
- Optional: The artist may include up to three selections of support materials such as reviews, news articles, and other related information.
- Submit all qualification materials on a jump drive by 6 p.m. on Feb. 21, 2019
to :Downtown Mural Project
Attn: Amber Hogle
808 S 8th Avenue
PO Box 272
Safford, AZ 85548
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday; 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Next Steps:
The Safford Downtown Association (selection committee) will review all artist submissions and select up to three artists to develop proposals for the site. Those artists will be compensated $150 each for concept development and presentation to the committee. A finalist will be selected following this stage of the process. The concept should be reflective of the Safford Community. Potential concepts for the mural include:
- a. Tourism – maps, local celebrations, etc
- b. Landscape – Mt Graham, Downtown
- c. Culture – Downtown events, shopping and
dining d. Industry – Copper, Cotton, Cattle
Questions regarding the Downtown Mural Project can be addressed to the c
Administrative Events Liaison 808 S. 8th Ave.
PO Box 272
Safford, AZ 85548 928-432-4148 or e-mail to email@example.com.
Office Hours: Monday – Thursday; 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.