Photo By Håkan Dahlström/Creative Commons: The availability of charging stations is one of the challenges to the widespread adoption of electric vehicles.
Event held to assist in plan development
Contributed Article/Courtesy ADOT
PHOENIX – The Arizona Department of Transportation has scheduled a virtual public meeting on Thursday, July 14, to provide information and gather input about the ADOT Electric Vehicle (EV) Plan currently being prepared. The event is scheduled from 6 to 7:30 p.m. and can be accessed online or by phone.
The EV plan is being developed in response to funding made available through the recently-approved federal Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) to deploy publicly accessible electric vehicle (EV) chargers along alternative fuel corridors. In Arizona, those routes are currently identified as the state’s interstate highways and, if approved, $76 million would be available to begin implementing this project.
- 6 to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, July 14.
- Online: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/85853613254
- By phone: +1 669 900 6833
- Webinar ID: 858 5361 3254
- For those unable to attend, the meeting will be recorded and posted on the ADOT Electric Vehicle Plan website.
- There is also a survey to help guide the development of the statewide plan.
For more information: azdot.gov/evplan