Man reportedly “falls” on knife

A man was treated at Mt. Graham Regional Medical Center after allegedly accidentally stabbing himself.

By Jon Johnson

jonjohnsonnews@gmail.com

SAFFORD – A Safford man was treated at a local hospital earlier this month after reportedly stabbing himself by accident. 

First responders were dispatched at about 3:48 p.m. to a residence in the 900 E. block of Hollywood Road on April 7 after a man reportedly accidentally plunged a kitchen blade into his abdomen. 

Upon arrival, a Safford Police officer located the victim standing at his back door with a kitchen knife sticking out of a bloody wound in his abdomen. 

According to the officer’s report, the victim said he was cutting open boxes with the knife in the driveway when he became dizzy and fell forward, falling on the knife. 

An elderly family member was also at the residence and said he came to the victim’s aid when he heard him yelling for him. The two were the only occupants of the residence, according to the men. 

Paramedics from Lifeline Ambulance then arrived and transported the victim to Mt. Graham Regional Medical Center for treatment. 

Please follow and like us: