Contributed Photo/Courtesy ADOT
Westbound I-10 closed Friday to Monday; eastbound I-10 closed overnight Saturday
Contributed Article/Courtesy ADOT
PHOENIX – The Arizona Department of Transportation advises motorists to allow extra travel time for lane and ramp closures and restrictions on west- and eastbound Interstate 10 this weekend.
Closures are scheduled in conjunction with the I-10 Broadway Curve Improvement Project.
- Westbound I-10 will be closed between U.S. 60 and SR 143 from 10 p.m. Friday, Oct. 21, to 4 a.m. Monday, Oct. 24, for bridge work. The following ramps will also be closed:
- The ramps to westbound I-10 from westbound U.S. 60.
- The westbound I-10 on-ramps at Elliot, Baseline, and Broadway roads.
- The westbound U.S. 60 on-ramps at McClintock Drive, Rural Road, and Mill Avenue. (Please note: Closures of the westbound U.S. 60 on-ramps are needed to avoid introducing more traffic into the I-10 closure.
Detour: Use eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) or eastbound U.S. 60 to northbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) to westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to access westbound I-10. Drivers heading to the West Valley can bypass the work zone by using Loop 202 (South Mountain Freeway) west and north to connect with I-10 at 59th Avenue.
Motorists traveling westbound on I-10 and U.S. 60 to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport should use the Sky Harbor Boulevard entrance from Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway).
- Eastbound I-10 will be closed between SR 143 and U.S. 60 from 10 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 22, to 10 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 23, for SRP utility relocation work. At the same time, the following ramps will be closed:
- The eastbound I-10 on-ramps at 40th Street and Broadway Road.
- The southbound SR 143 loop ramp to eastbound I-10.
Detour: Use northbound SR 143 to eastbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) to southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) to westbound U.S. 60 to access eastbound I-10 beyond the closure.