Photo Courtesy of Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Contributed Article/Courtesy GCDHHS
SAFFORD – We are pleased to announce that we have entered into an agreement with Arizona State University’s Biodesign Institute to provide SARS-CoV-2 (COVID 19) testing, utilizing a simple saliva collection method for our community.
Who: Anyone who wants to be tested. You do not have to be sick or showing signs.
When: Friday, January 29, 2021, from 7 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Where: Graham County Fairgrounds at 527 Armory Rd., Safford, Arizona
Schedule an appointment
Online registration is strongly encouraged, but walk-ins (drive-ins) will still be accepted.
• Register for an appointment with your cell phone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
• Log in: https://asubioempportal.pointnclick.com/
• Agency code: SALIVATEST
• Once logged-in to the portal, click on “Appointments” to request an available appointment time
• Arrive no more than 15 minutes prior to your appointment.
• If you have any scheduling issues, please email COVID19info@asu.edu.
• You must wear a protective face covering – either cloth or surgical mask.
• Bring the QR code you receive after scheduling your test appointment.
• 30 minutes before your appointment, rinse your mouth with plain water for 20-30 seconds and
then spit the water out.
• Do not eat, drink (even water), smoke, vape, or chew gum for 30 minutes prior to your
appointment time (any of these factors may cause an invalid test, and/or your test may be rejected
by clinical personnel at site collection). Tip: Staying well hydrated by drinking water the day
before and up to 30 minutes prior to your test will speed your saliva collection process.
• Results will be available via the portal approximately 48 hours from your testing time.
If you have questions, please contact the Graham County Health Department at 428-0110.
This event is sponsored by Graham/Greenlee United Way, Arizona State University, Arizona National
Guard & Graham County Health Department.