Contributed Photo/Courtesy ADOT: Work continues on shoring up a bridge that was damaged by a semi west of Willcox.
ADOT project is shoring up a bridge damaged by semi crash
Contributed Article/Courtesy ADOT
WILLCOX – Temporary bridge repairs continue as the Arizona Department of Transportation works to reopen westbound I-10 in southeastern Arizona, where a semi-tractor trailer crash early Wednesday damaged the US 191 overpass just west of Willcox at milepost 331.
The project began Wednesday afternoon and will continue around the clock until ADOT can safely reopen the westbound freeway. The repairs are expected to take up to 48 hours.
Eastbound I-10 is open through the area, with eastbound traffic able to exit and re-enter I-10 via the exit/entrance ramps at US 191 (milepost 331).
As of Thursday afternoon, westbound I-10 traffic is detouring:
- south and east on State Route 80 from Roadforks, New Mexico, to US 191 in Douglas;
- north on US 191 north to Davis Road in McNeal;
- west on Davis Road to SR 80;
- north SR 80 through Tombstone to SR 82;
- west on SR 82 to SR 90 in Whetstone; and
- north on SR 90 to I-10 Benson.
Local traffic from Safford to Tucson has been utilizing the above route as well.