Electrical fire burns down mobile home on Christmas

Jon Johnson File Photo/Gila Herald: A mobile home burned down early Christmas morning. In this picture, a Pima firefighter douses a car at a previous mobile home fire in Pima in June.

By Jon Johnson

jonjohnsonnews@gmail.com

GRAHAM COUNTY – The volunteer firefighters with the Pima Fire Department were roused from their sleep early Christmas morning, but it wasn’t by excited children but a burning residence south of Pima. 

First responders were dispatched at about 2:50 a.m. to a mobile home fire on W. Windblown Trail, which is west of Cluff Ranch Road.

Upon arrival, the female occupant of the home advised she was sitting in her living room when she heard what she thought were sounds of some type of animal trying to get into the trailer and chewing the wiring. She then saw flames down her hallway and exited the residence. 

Pima Fire Chief Scott Howell reportedly told a Graham County Sheriff’s Office deputy that the fire appeared to be electrical in nature. The inside of the residence was completely burnt and full of burnt debris, according to the deputy’s report. 

The resident was transported to a local motel in Safford to have a room for the day. She said she had some friends she might be able to stay with but didn’t have any insurance on the trailer.    

Please follow and like us: