Contributed Photo/Courtesy Bill Brandau: This picture shows the Gila River at the overlook entrance of the Gila Box after heavy rainfall upstream in 2018.
University of Arizona Cooperative Extension Wildcat Corps is looking for interested individuals for two Americorps positions who will work with Gila Watershed Partnership in Graham and Greenlee counties
Are you looking for money to help pay for your education? Trying to pay off student loans? Do you love working outdoors, helping with restoration projects, growing plants, or working with youth?
UA Wildcat Corps, in partnership with Gila Watershed Partnership, is looking for interested individuals for the following Americorps positions: UACE Graham County Outreach & Education Assistant (click here for more details) and UACE Graham County Watershed Program Assistant (click here for more details).
Summary of Positions:
- Term of service is September 9, 2019, to July 26, 2020.
- About 20 hours/week (total of 900 hours)
- $6,600 stipend ($286.96 per pay period)
- $2,960 Segal Education award upon completion of the program
Upon completion of service, the Segal Education Award can be used in one, or a combination of ways:
- Pay for current college, graduate school, or vocational training expenses.
- Repay qualified student loans.
- If you are 55 or older, you may transfer your award to a child, grandchild or foster child.
Deadline to apply is Aug. 11 or until positions are filled.
Click here to apply for open positions.
Americorps is a national program that is administered by the state of Arizona. Our Americorps members serve in the community under the supervision of Bill Brandau at the UA Cooperative Extension office and his community partners, including Gila Watershed Partnership. Anyone aged 17 and older who is a US citizen and can pass a background check can be an Americorps member. Click here to learn more about Americorps.