EAC Photo: The ACF will present grant awards to nine nonprofits at its annual event at EAC on Sept. 19, starting at 4 p.m.
Award presentation to be held at EAC on Sept. 19
Contributed Article Courtesy ACF
SAFFORD – The Arizona Community Foundation of the Gila Valley invites the public to the Graham Greenlee Grant Celebration, an annual event honoring local nonprofit organizations, volunteers, and philanthropists. The event will take place on Tuesday, Sept. 19 at 4 p.m. at Eastern Arizona College in Thatcher. Come early to enjoy refreshments and music from local student musicians. Registration is now open at www.azfoundation.org/GilaValley.
During the recent competitive grant cycle, nine nonprofit organizations serving Graham and Greenlee counties were awarded a total of $44,200 to support projects in social services, healthcare, the environment, animal welfare, and more. The 2023 grant recipients include:
- Borderlands Produce Rescue/Borderlands Food Bank
- Boys and Girls Club of the Gila Valley
- Desert Cat Rescue & Sanctuary of Arizona
- Desert Seed Resource Center
- Gila Valley Arts Council
- Gila Watershed Partnership of Arizona
- Graham County Search and Rescue Squad
- Mount Graham Safe House, Inc.
- Special Olympics Arizona
Grant awards will be given to these organizations during this year’s event. In addition to the grantees, the following awards will also be presented:
- Graham County Nonprofit Organization of the Year
- Greenlee County Nonprofit Organization of the Year
- Ed and Angie Sawyer Volunteer of the Year (Graham County)
- Greenlee County Volunteer of the Year
There is still time to nominate someone for an award. Nominations are due Aug. 30; visit www.azfoundation.org/GilaValley for more information.