SAFFORD – Mt. Graham Regional Medical Center (MGRMC) Hospice care providers and staff were pleased to learn this week that they had been recognized as a Premier Performer in 2017 for patient satisfaction by Strategic Healthcare Programs (SHP). SHP is an organization that specializes in collecting and analyzing data in relation to customer service by hospice programs across the country.
Every year, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services requires hospice organizations to submit patient satisfaction surveys as part of the payment process for services rendered. One of the main companies tasked with handling those surveys is SHP, and each year, SHP recognizes the top 5 percent of those hospice organizations that report their data to them as Premier Performers. The honor is widely regarded among hospice professionals.
Those areas that are covered by the survey and in which MGRMC Hospice excelled are:
- Timely care
- Respectful treatment of family
- Obtaining emotional and religious support
- Obtaining proper care for symptoms
- Obtaining hospice care training
- Overall positive rating of the hospice organization
- Recommendation of the hospice organization